Friday, April 17, 2009

THATS VERY DRAG

I've been thinking about how this project is no longer about a "museum in drag." Not that I care at all - the intention was, in the spirit of process, the project itself be open-ended, so the fact that no one is focused on it is fine. We do still have the "queen" aspect associated with the initial idea - of understanding scale through the study of excess scale.

But on the other hand, the theme of "follow your interest..." well that's kind of "drag" when you think about it, right?

so maybe its not so far off after all.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

2 comments:

  1. I think the idea of follow our interests is drag. What i find interesting, nobody else may enjoy. That kinda goes back to what some find subversive others may not. I think it was important for us to do something that interests us, it got us much more involved. Just my thoughts though, someone else may disagree. And then there we are back at the begining again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh?!? OK . . . is it the element of surprise that's lacking? Should we be going further outside of the norm? . . . I'm confused.

    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete