Friday, April 24, 2009

Interior Section Image


Here's my new plan in trying to create more complex spaces in my museum.

My relationship and concept with the interior walls is all about the "knot". When looking at the sneaker again I felt that the most interesting piece is the shoelaces, and what better to create spaces with than a shoelace type folding walls.

Imagine pulling on the two ends of the building as though it was a shoelace tying the knot.

Also, In relation to site, the walls have a somewhat fluid motion without becoming curved to relate to the tides on the port. Anyways after much diagraming this is what my latest interior Idea is.

Program fits these spaces to complete the inside.

Oh and I've also started to weed out some of the ideas I feel that are less strong and base my building on ones that have more meaning.

3 comments:

  1. I like it, but i think the idea of the walls and the tides of the port has nothing to do with your concept. we can work on that though. Oh where are the bathrooms?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice very nice - people in these great. and don't those seem like fun spaces to occupy?

    so how do these different spaces relate to each other, how do people "art" move through the building.

    one way to creat connectivity would be to create "void volumes" if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and as for what "Anonymous" said - my comments were not focused on concepts but the resultant spaces -and I'm liking the resultant SPACES. it could also become FIGURE/GROUND - ish, where bathrooms, and other "private" spaces are enclosed - and the others open.

    and as for concept - I have no opinion.

    ReplyDelete