Sunday, April 19, 2009

well, after a somewhat stressful few days and way to much thought I think I have found the concept I am going to use. I started with the idea of a Clint Eastwood Museum but that was viewed as somewhat, well maybe superficial is one word. I did keep the core of the idea in that Eastwood' characters were all men of decisive action and certain choice, often times being the choice of life or death and all the time being the decider. Anyway, that has finally led me to the idea of a museum of choice where a maze of identical rooms will either lead the visitor through endless ciculation patterns and theoretically nowhere, yet the correct combination of choices will lead the individual or group to the roof of the museum where they will overlook the red hook community. The idea centers upon the fact that red hook is at a crossroads and choices need to be made and made by everyone. Is red hook the resurgent community alive and on the rise or is it crumbling and dead. I like to think that with the idea of red hook' future in mind people will look out and over their community and decide or choose to make a difference, people will consciously decide to act on their inner belief that things can change and life can improve. I believe it is inate to human nature that deep down we are all optimists and that we all are good.
I want to make the community choose and have them realize that they have to live with their choice, but, that the choice is truly theirs to make. Now you decide, does that make any sense?

3 comments:

  1. Ken i think it makes perfect sense... if you take a look at my post above yours i think youll find the relationship both our narratives share... although mine may not be totally identical to your relationship of choice with red hook... I think we may be able to help each other to continue to grow from our ideas. Whats even more interesting is how as my narrative continues to develop I find it relating to many other narratives .... like chris's narrative for instance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K.

    as I said in class, I challenge you to begin speaking and thing more with images and drawings/sketches, and less with words. And this comment, of course, applies to everyone as well - a la kristin's sketches she presented - clear/quick/simple/elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comments Mike and Owen
    I agree that images representing my ideas will now prove beneficial, if you knew the thought expended in narrowing to a concept and in my mind from the concept idea all else flows and is derived, the choice idea has even since Monday' class evolved, thanks for finding some merit.

    ReplyDelete