Sunday, April 5, 2009

CONSPIRACY A GO GO

I'm not sure how it relates exactly to ideas of creativity, but has just been popping up a lot. a better understanding is still forming.

I have already explained how it relates to ideas of scale and excess scale. (and therefore relates to the project). Nobody really cares about what happened to my sandwich last week, and no one has difficulty believing that it was eaten by one of my roommates.

Conspiracy theories are just that because they operate on a scale that is in excess of what we are used to in our daily lives. It has nothing to do with truth. We have all had the experience of someone eating our food, so you believed me when I told you my roommate ate my sandwich. Well, the truth is, there never was a sandwich in the first place.

At around minute 47 of SLACKER a man is talking about a book he is writing (or written?). The title of the book, the man explains, might be "Conspiracy a go go." He further goes on to explain in a new chapter that describes John and Jackie Kennedy as meth fiends - and whats interesting is that the story for the most part is true - at least in the case of John - he was addicted to amphetamines while in office, and he did have a doctor with the nickname "doctor feelgood"

No comments:

Post a Comment