Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Right Wing Tea Bagging.... Yes, I said it.

I stumbled across this and it is just to good to pass up. Rachel Maddow, of MSNBC, is one of my favorite political analysts, and this clip definitely added to my considerable respect for her. I assure you, the topic she is discussing is actually real, if you can believe. Please watch this because it is ridiculous and fascinating at the same time!

Also, I think it ties into ideas of subversion and definitely the excessive use of metaphor. You could perhaps even make certain arguments about scale. Plus I feel you might be hard pressed to find a drag queen who does not appreciate a good, long discussion of tea bagging....

Anyway, enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. what funny is that I was just watching her segment on tea bagging tonight. what was interesting is she drew comparisons between the attendance at these events and others of comparable scale - to provide context.

    500 hundred people showing up at an event - but the poodle show the week before garnered 1200.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my brother just sent me a hate email about this post - he HATES rachael maddow. I think that's great.

    love it/hate it. just don't be ambivalent.

    passion.

    ReplyDelete