Sunday, April 5, 2009

KIDS CAN RELATE

My second semester of architectural theory was a course entitled "operational...something something" - its in my storage, I'll have to dig it up.

I have no idea why, at the time I did not understand the organiational logic for the class. I don't know why, it was very simple. I hated that class. the only thing I really remember from that class was the theory (conspiritorial, in scale) that the teletubbies were met to prepare the new youth of the world to the idea of the coming cyborg - to make the cyborg something they could related to.


I used to (although I do love the theory) hold this as evidence that the class was so absurd as to be rendered useless - now I wish I could take the class again.

I was reminded by this again while watching slackers of this story. (slacker time:1:16:22)

smurfs are getting kids used to seeing blue people so that when krishna comes, they can relate to that.(apparently he is blue - and so is "the watchman" now that I think of it - and if you want to hear an interesting npr piece on the watchman, click [here].)

Knowing what I know now, and understanding what I understand now, I wish I could take that class again.

No comments:

Post a Comment