Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Program

I was starting to come up with program spaces in order to set up and then break the rules of fractals which I have been studying. I have a problem though...I lost my idea for what type of museum this is. My previous ideas no longer relate as process has changed. So, this post is primarily aimed towards Owen, although i would love other feedback.

I have been considering a Museum of Complex Mathematics or something like this. It would hold exhibits of the histories, theories, and applications of different mathematical theories.

Now, as this is a Museum In Drag, or contradiction, I would explore and set up the rules of several theories and then contradict them in design.

Some theories I have explored today are:
Hyperbolic and Spherical Geometries
Fibonacci Sequences
Chebyshev Theorm
Empirical Rule


Is this a good way to go?

2 comments:

  1. I think if you are not sure what the museum should BE, that not to worry.

    Unless it runs counter to your SPECIFIC idea - You want to think of how people visiting a museum might RELATE to the contents of the museum. So maybe think about things more EVERYDAY that use complex mathematics as a way of creating a relationship between content and viewer. maybe the museum is about something like that - and maybe that can also inform your logic for design.

    what you propose looks good - just remember the research/design graph I showed (and will post hopefully soon.)

    does that help?

    those

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your process of exploring different concepts. I think that if you try to combine too many theories, though, it might get really confusing. Maybe just pick one to use as an organizational idea? Definite props for being interested in Complex Math, dude... that stuff is waaayyy over my head! Haha!

    ReplyDelete