Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fire


So this is just part of my experimental phase, and clearly Im running out of time but I think I figured it all out. Here is just a few photos of what my process consisted of. Basically I cut down all the ideas I had to just the use of fire. In the first photo is just the 'template' I used before destroying any of the others.  In the inerior I created a few levels just to see how it would end up in helping me to reach towards a final model.  

But at the same time, I have every intension to sticking with my grave to cradle process where from the remains creates a new model per-say.












I thought this ended up very interesting.  Although I only showed 1 of the models, this particular one ended up like this where to me it looks like a parti diagram (2 different colors from the central ash).  With a central circulation and two "spaces" on either side, this actually relates to a lot of diagrams I was working with early on.  


Heres just a video I took of the same burn. 


1 comment:

  1. cool - I think this is great. and I think its great that you are making relationships to earlier drawings.

    this is slightly different to what I have been talking about, which isn't necessarily wrong, its just different, and I wish to clarify.

    if I understand correctly, you are taking the RESULT. when I am talking about using PROCESS.


    what you are doing (at least in my mind) is a process of REMOVING material(floor plates, etc.) so that you can build in the NEW.

    but the idea (at least in my mind) is that you are studying the PROCESS in which the fire burns - figure out SIMPLE RULES that the fire follows. then apply those yourself.

    and I think the video is great.

    ReplyDelete